ENERGY SECTOR OPERATIONS
Partnerships for Gas with IOC’s
To encourage power generation & reduce emission of green-house gases:
- The ENI Group (AGIP) is expected to harness flare gas for power generation by adopting Flare Gas Recovery Solutions
- Development of power hubs in Gbarantoru and Assamabiri (Yenagoa vicinity), leveraging on gas provision agreements with Shell and ENI, in order to attract power sector investors and gas based industries
- Shell is committed to provide 10mscf of gas daily to Bayelsa State for power generation
- Gas supply can increase to 40mscf of gas daily, under the Interim Gas
- Sales and Purchase Agreement with the Bayelsa Development and Investment
- Corporation (BDIC).
- Partnership with Rehoboth Refinery Nigeria – A private refinery
- Development of Bayelsa State Gas Master plan by EY Global Ltd.
Yenagoa is the capital city and commercial hub of Bayelsa State. It is located in the Yenagoa Local Government Area, which is about 706 km² in size and had a population of about 266,008 at the 2006 census. It is the home of Bayelsa United FC–a Nigerian premier league football club. Yenagoa is a capital city on the rise with a number of critical projects ongoing such as: The Yenagoa Airport and Industrial City; the Yenagoa Heliport; the New Yenagoa City luxury residential development; Agge Deep Seaport and Industrial City; the 350 bed medical complex; the Asamabiri Eco-Industrial City; and the Gbarain Eco-Industrial Park and Power Hub. All of which will change the face of the city and actualize the Restoration Government’s vision of sustainable economic development and industrialization.